From KS2, all pupils begin to learn French, in line with the secondary schools in the area. By widening our outlook to across the channel, we broaden our children’s perspectives and allow them to experience different cultures.
Aims and Intent
Our aims of teaching MFL are for children to:
- foster an interest in learning another language
- become aware that language has a structure, and that this structure differs from one language to another
- develop speaking and listening skills
- gain enjoyment, pride and a sense of achievement
- explore and apply strategies to improve their learning
- explore their own cultural identities and those of others
Please see our MFL policy for more details.
The Subject Leader for MFL is XXXX.